Thank You to All Participants
On behalf of the Abboud Cardiovascular Research Center at the University of Iowa we would like to thank our speakers, trainee presenters (both poster session and individual speakers), students, scientists, physicians, and advocates who contributed to making this year’s annual conference a huge success!
We hope you were able to take advantage of the multitude of activities throughout the conference. More importantly, we hope your experience was filled with opportunities for professional growth, networking and learning. Lastly, we would like to congratulate our travel award recipients listed below.
Selected Oral Presentation Winners
Post- Doctoral Winners
- Trevor Fidler, presentation title: Deletion of GLUT1 and GLUT3 Reveal Multiple Roles for Glucose Metabolism in Platelet and Megakaryocyte Function (Abel Lab)
- Larry Agbor, presentation title: Smooth Muscle-Specific Deletion of Cullin-3 Causes Severe Early Onset Hypertension (Sigmund Lab)
- Daniel Matasic, presentation title: Nicotinamide Riboside Modulates Cardiac Electrophysiology: A Novel Therapeutic Approach for Brugada Syndrome (London Lab)
- Lucas Bon Durant (not pictured), presentation title: FGF21 Acutely Enhances Insulin Sensitivity through Adipose Tissue (Potthoff lab)
Poster Presentation Winners
- Balyssa B. Bell, poster title” mTORC1 is required for leptin-induced sympathetic activation to the kidney but not brown adipose tissue (Rahmouni Lab)
- Sharon Idiga, poster title: Novel Endocrine Circuit Regulating Sugar Satiety (Potthoff Lab)
- Jing Wu, poster title: Smooth Muscle PPARγ Mutation Causes Salt-sensitive Hypertension (Sigmund Lab)
- Yuan Zhang, poster title: Ketogenic Diet Rescues Cardiac Hypertrophy and Heart Failure Induced by Loss of the Mitochondrial Pyruvate Carrier (Abel Lab)